Several performance indicators can be used to evaluate service advisor performance. As in any employer/employee relationship realistic, attainable goals should be established. And the service advisor should be able to assess the situation as required to determine whether objectives are being met. To assess performance – measurements should be compared to one or more benchmarks. Examples of benchmarks are averages of similar shops, same month previous year and established targets. If a performance indicator is above the benchmark this indicates an area of strength. If below the benchmark an opportunity for improvement is signified. Following are performance indicators that can be used to identify service advisor strengths and weaknesses:
- Quote Capture Rating – The percentage of quotes that turn into actual orders is an important performance measurement. Measuring quote capture ratings for new business versus existing customers separately will provide a more accurate picture of performance. The sales skills of the service advisor have a big impact on quote capture rating.
- Car Count – This measurement is a quick, simple way to gauge whether or not sales goals are being achieved. When car count goals are established for a service advisor the likelihood of achieving overall goals is increased. This measurement is not only effective at measuring past performance. It can also be used real time to project results and make adjustments where necessary.
- Sales Target – Goals for total sales dollars can be used in conjunction with car count goals to measure results in achieving planned sales objectives. A service advisor can assess progress toward goals real time to make sure objectives are reached.
- Recommendation Capture Rating – Measuring the percentage of recommendations that turn into sold services is an important evaluation of sales success. Sales skills and presentation ability are essential when upselling recommended services.
- Profitability – Profit margins on labor, parts, tires and total RO are important measures of success. These measurements can be evaluated against target goals to ensure that income levels are achieved. A service advisor that can check these measurements real time will have an increased likelihood of success.
Tags: auto repair sales, auto repair shop management, auto repair shop management software, auto repair shop software, auto shop customer satisfaction, auto shop customer service, auto shop customers, auto shop management software, auto shop productivity, customer satisfaction, customer service, improve productivity, productivity tips, Repair Sales, repair shop management software, repair shop software, tire management software, Tire Sales, tire shop customer satisfaction, tire shop management, tire shop management software, tire store productivity