Sun Tzu was a Chinese military general, strategist and philosopher who lived between 544-496 BC. His book ‘The Art of War’ has become one of the most widely used business guides in modern times. Sun Tzu teaches us that sound business strategies supported by well thought out business plans are critical to success. He teaches that marketing campaigns must have clear objectives and their cost must be considered carefully. He tells us that leadership requires organization and that success is based on competitive action. Following are keys to business success based on the Art of War. Click on a bullet heading to read the full article.
- Sound Strategies are Essential to Success – Strategies aimed at business growth must be chosen carefully to increase the likelihood of success. Sun Tzu teaches us to minimize conflict, exploit our opponent’s weaknesses, play to our strengths and clearly define our goals … Read More>>
- Solid Business Planning Enables Achievement – For any strategy to succeed it must be supported by a well thought out tactical plan. The Art of War teaches us to choose our battles, develop a plan considering the cost and to execute our plans swiftly … Read More>>
- Marketing Campaigns Must be Focused and Deliberate – Sun Tzu teaches us that a well-defined campaign is essential to success and that we must know the strengths and weaknesses of our competitors and ourselves. He teaches us to exploit our competitor’s weaknesses and overcome our own … Read More>>
- Market Penetration Requires Wisdom in Utilization of Resources – Sun Tzu teaches us to make the most of our resources while causing our competitors to expend theirs unwisely. He also stresses the necessity for confidentiality and swiftness of execution when seeking to gain market share … Read More>>
- Leadership is Dependent on Organization and Direction – The Art of War teaches us the basic keys to leadership. People must want to follow, know how to follow and be in a position to follow … Read More>>
- Success in Sales Requires Competitive Action – Sun Tzu teaches us to take advantage of our competitor’s weaknesses by drawing attention to our strengths and that a strong defense and adaptability are necessary to succeed … Read More>>
Thus we may know that there are five essentials for victory:
- He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.
- He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.
- He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.
- He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared.
- He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.
Sun Tzu … The Art of War
Tags: auto repair sales, auto repair shop management, auto repair shop marketing, auto shop marketing, auto shop organization, Business to Business Sales, Repair Sales, target market for auto repair shops, target market for tire stores, Tire Sales, tire shop management, tire shop marketing